Weather for Michigan Winter in 2018/2019
According The Old Farmer’s Almanac, Michigan’s 2018/2019 winter season is predicted to be just as bitterly cold and snowy as 2017. In 2017, Michigan cities received anywhere between 30 and an enormous 312 inches of snowfall, with an average temperature of 26 degrees. What this signals for every Michigander is the overwhelming need for a functioning heating system in their homes.
Applegate Home Comfort offers solutions to keep your family comfortable in any season. Our technicians have years of experience in the heating industry. With a 98% customer satisfaction rating, we have earned the trust of Michigan communities. Let’s talk a little more about heating in Michigan.
Preparing Your Furnace for the Winter Season
There are several things you, as a Michigan homeowner, can do to keep your furnace running smoothly and efficiently through the winter months. We suggest every Michigan resident do the following:
- Make sure their filter is clean: The purpose of a filter is keep your furnace from getting clogged. When dust, debris and hair clog the filter, the air has a harder time circulating. This puts undue stress on your furnace, raising your energy bill and shortening the life of the furnace.
- Make sure registers are open and debris-free: As with the clogged filter, registers that are closed or filled with debris don’t circulate air properly.
- Clear area around furnace: We recommend clearing a 3-5 foot area around your furnace. This will allow for proper air flow and improve the safety.
- Schedule seasonal tune-ups: Scheduling seasonal tune-ups is a vital part of keeping your heating system healthy. Even one faulty part can cause the entire system to fail. This will cause increased energy bills and will significantly lower the lifespan of your unit.
- Replace Furnace: The average lifespan of a furnace is from 12-17 years. If your furnace falls into this category or you suspect you need a replacement, learn more about purchasing a new furnace here or call 517-337-7700 and we’ll send a tech for an in-home evaluation.
Repairing minor furnace issues will always be less expensive and time consuming than waiting until the issues become larger. Contact us by filling out this online form or call 517-337-7700 to schedule your yearly tune-up.
Schedule Your Seasonal Tune-up Today!
When temperatures plummet to well below zero, a furnace functioning at peak capacity is a must for the comfort and safety of your family. With our 98% customer satisfaction rating, we have earned the trust of Michigan communities. Don’t wait until your system fails to take care of the issues it may have, schedule your seasonal tune-up by filling out this online form or call 517-337-7700 to schedule your yearly tune-up.