Furnace Troubleshooting for Your Home Heating System
Having a functioning furnace in your home is especially important during the cold winters Michigan is known for. Without a furnace that is properly working, your home’s temperature can drop drastically, making your home uncomfortable to live in. If this is the case, it is important to know some furnace troubleshooting tips.
As your trusted Michigan home heating and cooling service provider, Applegate Home Comfort has repaired countless furnaces in our nearly 65 years of existence. We understand how important it is to have a functioning furnace in your Michigan home, especially during the frigid winter months. Before you give us a call, take a moment to learn some of the furnace troubleshooting tips from Applegate.
Common Furnace Problems
Home heating systems are incredibly important in Michigan. If your furnace breaks or stops working, the problem could be something easy to fix. Here are some of the most common furnace problems:
- Dirty Filters: Believe it or not, dirty filters are one of the most common furnace issues, yet it is a relatively easy fix. Be sure to change your furnace filter every 4 to 8 weeks to keep your furnace operating efficiently.
- Lack of Maintenance: Additionally, you should remember to schedule regular maintenance and inspections on your furnace. This can help prevent any major issues in the future.
- Ignition or Pilot Issues: Many gas furnaces use a pilot light to trigger the burners to heat your home, while electric furnaces often have electronic ignitions. If there is a problem with the ignition source, your home won’t be heated adequately.
- Faulty Thermostat: Out of date or faulty thermostats are another common furnace issue. This can cause your home to be at a hotter or cooler temperature than you desire.
- Normal Wear and Tear: Over time, your furnace will experience some wear and tear. Without proper maintenance, this can lead to temperature control problems in your Michigan home.
Furnace Troubleshooting for Common Problems
While these problems might seem complicated, some of them are easily repairable. For example, replacing the furnace filter is something any Michigan homeowner can do. As mentioned, this should be done once every month or two to prevent damage to the furnace and keep it operating at peak efficiency.
Additionally, scheduling professional maintenance on your home’s furnace can help to prevent many of the more serious issues. It is important to remember that any mechanical or technical furnace issues should be handled by a trained HVAC specialist from Applegate Home Comfort. If you notice any of these major issues when performing your furnace troubleshooting, give us a call and we can help.
Contact Applegate Home Comfort Today!
A broken furnace can make your home extremely uncomfortable in the frigid winter months. While many of the common issues can easily be troubleshooted and resolved, some require professional experience to repair.
If your furnace has malfunctioned or is not operating properly, you can contact Applegate Home Comfort here or give us a call at 517.337.7700 to schedule maintenance with a professional.