Furnace Repair Lansing
Did you know that Lansing Michigan receives an average of 51 inches of snowfall annually? In addition to such large amounts of snow, temperatures can plummet into the teens. Don’t leave your home and family vulnerable to the freezing weather, Applegate Home Comfort has superior heating solutions to keep your family comfortable through the long winter months.
Applegate Home Comfort have specialized in heating and cooling Michigan homes and families since 1952. Whether you are looking for a seasonal furnace tune-up or a complete system replacement, Applegate Home Comfort technicians specialize in furnace repair and replacement. Here is a little more about our furnace repair and maintenance services in the Lansing area.
Signs Your Furnace Needs Repair
The average lifespan of a furnace in the Lansing area is 15 years, with proper maintenance and repairs. Without the proper maintenance this time will exponentially decrease. Below are some of the signs your furnace needs repair:
- You haven’t maintained or serviced your unit in over a year. Yearly tune-ups are vital to maintaining the health and longevity of your furnace.
- Water is pooling around or near your furnace. Normally caused by a clogged condensation line, this can shut down your entire unit. Call us immediately at 517-337-7700 if you notice any water.
- You smell gas. If this happens, shut off your furnace immediately. Next, find the gas supply valve inside your furnace and turn it off. DO NOT light any matches or turn on lights. CALL US IMMEDIATELY.
- You hear strange noises. Hearing strange noises is one of the biggest indicators of furnace malfunction. If you hear any bumps, scrapes or thumps have your furnace checked. These noises won’t go away on their own.
- The air blows weakly. If the air coming from your furnace slows or stops blowing altogether, it could be a symptom of a larger problem. A trained HVAC technicians has the ability to check out your entire system and diagnose the problem.
- Non-working thermostat. If you seem to be setting your thermostat higher and higher just to effectively heat your home, you could have a problem with the thermostat. Call our technician at 517-337-7700 to diagnose the reasons your thermostat isn’t working.
- Your utility bill rises unexpectedly. The average utility bill in the Lansing area is $94.50. If your bill seems higher than this or you unexpectedly see a huge jump from one month to the next, we recommend having a technician assess your unit. It is quite possible a simple repair could save you hundreds in unnecessary heating bills. To schedule your appointment call 517-337-7700 or fill out this online form **
- Blowing cold air. Obviously, this is not good. When your furnace unexpectedly blows cold air it could be as complex as a thermocouple or as simple as a pilot light. Please don’t try to figure this one out on your own.
- Frequent or almost constant cycling. If your unit is kicking in and off constantly, this is a sign that your furnace is over-cycling. Call our highly trained technicians today at 517-337-7700.
- Your unit is too old. A high quality furnace should last around 15 years, depending on its maintenance record.
Staying aware and proactive about maintenance and repairs on your furnace will keep your unit running strong and healthy through the long wintery months in Lansing. Don’t wait until these smaller issues cause a failure in your system and loss of heat for your family.
Schedule Your Furnace Repair Service Today!
With a 98% customer satisfaction rating, Applegate Home Comfort has earned the trust of the Lansing community. Our technicians are continually trained on the newest techniques and services to keep their skills sharpened. We have technicians available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for your convenience. To schedule your appointment call 517-337-7700 or fill out this online form **
You won’t be sorry you chose Applegate Home Comfort for your furnace repair needs.