Furnace Checklist for Winter 2018
According The Old Farmer’s Almanac, Michigan’s 2018/2019 winter season is predicted to be just as bitterly cold and snowy as 2017. In 2017, Michigan cities received anywhere between 30 and an enormous 312 inches of snowfall, with an average temperature of 26 degrees. What this signals for every Michigander is the overwhelming need for a functioning heating system in their homes.
Applegate Home Comfort has been serving Michigan communities since 1952 and, in this time, have earned a 98% customer satisfaction rating.This helpful checklist will help you prepare your furnace for the frigid 2018 winter season.
5 Tips for a Healthy Furnace
It can be easy to overlook your furnace during the hot, humid days of summer, but when fall rolls around it becomes crucial to ensure your furnace is running at its peak efficiency and capacity. Here are 5 tips every homeowner should consider to keep their furnace in tip top shape:
- Replace Filter: Your HVAC filter inherently gets dirty and full of dust debris from the air. This will restrict air flow causing your unit to run harder than necessary to heat your home properly. We recommend replacing your filter at the beginning of the winter season and then monthly thereafter.
- Clean In and Around Furnace: Dust and debris can collect in and around your furnace. This can cause musty odors and can be a fire hazard. Clean any clutter from around your unit and dust around it often. This will also improve efficiency and air quality.
- Clean Exterior Unit: It is imperative you clear away any debris and buildup from around your outside unit.
- Visually Inspect Unit: Check your unit for any dents, cracks or signs of disrepair. Watch for any water accumulation around your unit.
- Schedule a Seasonal Tune-up: Seasonal tune-ups are vital for the health and overall efficiency of your entire unit. Our professionals will inspect all electrical and duct systems for proper function and repair any minor or major issue that present themselves. To schedule your appointment call 517-337-7700 or fill out this online form **.
Repairing minor furnace issues will always be less expensive and time consuming than waiting until the issues become larger. Contact us by filling out this online form or call 517-337-7700 to schedule your yearly tune-up.
Schedule Your Tune-up Today!
With the health and safety of your family and home at stake, don’t put off having your system checked. We strongly suggest a seasonal tune up for every furnace, along with our helpful tips, to maintain a functional furnace all season. To schedule your appointment call 517-337-7700 or fill out this online form **.