Air Conditioning Summer Services
Michigan summers are hot, humid and generally uncomfortable. If you live in or near East Lansing, you know it is no exception to this rule. Air conditioning is a must when comfort is a priority. Keeping your AC unit it good working order should also be high on your priority list. Did you know that many summer AC maintenance tasks can accomplished without a professional AC technician?
At Applegate Home Comfort, we are committed to our customers and their comfort. We have put together this air conditioning summer checklist to help you keep your unit running a optimum capacity.
5 Tips to Keeping Your AC Unit Running
If you have ever lived without an AC unit or had one break down, you understand how miserable that can be. Here are some tips that will help keep your unit running strong all summer:
- Schedule a Check up: Probably the most important tip on this list is to schedule your summer AC check-up. Our technicians will check your system for any abnormalities that could lead to system failure. Catching small fixes before they become large ones will save you time and money.
- Replace Filters: When running your AC unit almost constantly, your air filters naturally get clogged from any dirt or allergens in the air. Replacing them monthly will keep your system from working too hard, thereby, saving you money.
- Check Pipe Insulation: Insulation around the refrigeration pipes can tear or become worn. This will cause your AC unit to work inefficiently. If you see this, either replace the insulation or call us at 517-337-7700.
- Clean Coils: Because the AC coils are on the outside unit, they often get dirty causing them to absorb the heat inefficiently. You can easily clean them with a garden hose, careful to avoid any electrical wiring.
- Check All Wiring: Checking the wiring for wear and overheating is very important to the health of your AC unit. If you notice this, call us immediately.
Air conditioning units are like any other electrical device, they can and do break down. But, with proper care, they can last for years without needing to be replaced. Applegate Home Comfort has been providing customers with AC service for over 35 years. Call today with any questions you may have 517-337-7700.
Call and Schedule Your AC Tune-up Today!
At Applegate Home Comfort, we offer a wide range of AC services; preventative, maintenance and repair. Providing our customers with top quality service is our passion and #1 priority. With a 98% customer satisfaction rating, we know you’ll be happy with your experience with our company. Call us today to schedule your AC summer check-up at 517-334-7700.