Air Conditioning Summer Services
Summers in Michigan can be brutal, as any Michigander can attest. Don’t be caught with your AC unit broken or not working to its full capacity. There are a few things that you as a homeowner can do to ensure that your unit stays functional all season.
At Applegate Home Comfort, we are committed to the Okemos community. We’ve put together a checklist of tips to keeping your AC unit running efficiently all summer.
5 Tips For a Functional AC Unit
While you may not put too much thought into your AC unit beyond your energy bill, our job is to keep your unit functional. These are some tips every homeowner can perform that will keep your unit going strong through hot, humid Michigan summers.
- Schedule a tune-up: Every AC unit should have a yearly routine inspection before use. This will catch any refrigerant leaks, faulty wiring or other conditions that could keep your unit from running efficiently.
- Change filters: The air filter in your unit catches any dust, debris or allergens that cycle through your AC unit. Keeping a clean filter in your unit will allow normal air flow, thereby optimizing energy usage. We recommend changing your filter monthly.
- Inspect Pipe Insulation: Torn or worn out insulation around your pipes can cause your AC unit work harder to cool the air. If your pipes insulation needs replacing, call us at 517-337-7700.
- Keep Coils Clean: Dirty AC coils won’t absorb heat like they should, resulting in increased energy bills. Coils can be easily cleaned with a garden hose, carefully avoiding any electrical wiring.
- Inspect wiring: Inspect the wiring in your unit for any signs of overheating. If you see anything suspicious, call a technician immediately at 517-337-7700.
With a little maintenance, your AC unit will keep you cool all summer. At Applegate Home Comfort, we have technicians available 24 hours a day 7 days a week for your convenience. Call 517-337-7700 to schedule your AC inspection today.
Don’t Put Off Your Tune-up
Summer tune-ups are vital to ensuring your AC unit is running properly after hibernating for the winter. Small repairs, if needed, can save you from costly larger repairs down the road. When your AC unit is running at peak efficiency, you will also see an improvement on your energy bill. Don’t wait to schedule your yearly tune-up, call Applegate at 517-337-7700 today!