Air Conditioning Summer Services
When you live in Michigan, you understand the humid heat that seems all but inescapable. At Applegate Home Comfort, we want your home to a place of refuge from the heat. If you want your AC unit to be running at optimum capacity, there are a few things you can do as a homeowner to make that happen.
At Applegate Home Comfort, we hate to see anyone without AC in these miserably hot Michigan summers. We’ve compiled a summer checklist of things you can do to keep that cool air flowing through the heat of the summer.
5 Things That Will Keep Your AC Running
If you have ever had your AC unit break down in the middle of the scorching summer heat, you know it is miserable. At Applegate Home Comfort, we strive to give our clients the knowledge necessary to keep their units continuously working properly. Here are 5 maintenance tips for keep your AC running all summer:
- Schedule a Check-up Before Summer: Before you turn on your AC unit, you should call an HVAC company for a routine check. This can catch any refrigerant leaks, faulty wiring or any other condition that could keep your unit from running at full capacity.
- Replace Filters: Replacing your AC unit air filters will keep air moving through your unit efficiently. Changing them out monthly will keep your home cool and your energy bill low.
- Check Pipe Insulation: Torn or worn out cooling pipe insulation can cause your unit to work inefficiently. If your pipes insulation is worn or missing, give us a call at 517-337-7700.
- Keep Coils Clean: When the AC coils are dirty, they can’t absorb heat as efficiently. This will cause your energy bill to go up. You can easily clean them with a garden hose, carefully avoiding any electrical wires.
- Check Wiring: Inspect wiring for wear or overheating. If you suspect there’s a problem, call our professionals immediately at 517-337-7700.
Regular maintenance will keep energy bills lower and can prevent costly repairs down the road. If your AC unit isn’t running properly, our highly-trained professionals will help you access the problem and find a solution.
Applegate Can Help With All Your AC Needs
Applegate Home Comfort has been serving the people of Lansing for over 35 years. Many of our professionals have been employed at our company for decades. With a 98% customer satisfaction rating, we know the value of doing a job right the first time. Call our Lansing office at 517-337-7700 to schedule your summer AC tune-up today!