Air Conditioning Repair and Summer Services
If you have ever endured a scorching Michigan summer, you understand how important air conditioning can be. Air conditioning systems, like any other mechanical device, requires regular maintenance to run smoothly and efficiently. As a homeowner, it can get expensive, to call the AC repair technician everytime something happens with your unit. There are some basic things each homeowner can do to ensure their AC unit is functional.
At Applegate Home Comfort, we know the value of regular maintenance. As such, we’ve put together a list of things you can check to keep your system running smoothly.
5 Tips to a Healthy AC System
Most people don’t put much thought into what goes into maintaining your home’s air conditioning system. There are some crucial yet simple things any homeowner can do to keep their unit in tip top shape through the hot, humid summer. Here are the top 5:
- Schedule Your Tune-up: The most important thing you can do for your AC unit is to schedule a seasonal tune-up. This will catch any refrigerant leaks, faulty wiring or other issues that can keep your unit from functioning at full capacity.
- Replace Filters: Air filters help to clean the dust, allergens and contaminants out of the air before it gets into your home. This clogs your filters and slows the flow of air resulting in higher electric bills.
- Check Pipe Insulation: The insulation surrounding your refrigerant pipes can get worn out or torn. If you notice any wear, call us at 517-337-7700.
- Clean Coils: Your AC coils can become dirty and less able to absorb heat. This will make your unit less able to cool your home. You can easily clean the coils with a simple garden hose, carefully avoiding any electric wires.
- Check Wiring: Electrical wires can overheat and cause a system failure. If you see any signs of this, call us immediately at 517-337-7700.
Many of these issues require only minor repairs. Regular maintenance and minor repairs can extend the life of your air conditioning unit saving you time and money. At Applegate, we are in the business of keeping your AC unit functioning at maximum capacity. With a 98% customer satisfaction rating we have earned the trust of the Holt community.
Call Today To Schedule Your Tune-up!
Michigan summers can be brutally hot. Make sure your prepared for the heat by scheduling your seasonal tune-up. Our technicians have years of experience servicing air conditioning systems in the Holt community. We strive to give every customer the highest quality products and services that are available. Don’t wait to schedule your tune-up, call Applegate Home Comfort at 517-337-7700.