As we progress through winter and run our furnaces to keep our Michigan homes warm, ensuring your furnace is functioning properly is essential. Between abundant snowfall and frigid temperatures, the stress put on your home’s furnace throughout the winter (and winters past) can ultimately lead to a variety of issues. No matter the issue, however, any problem with your furnace can increase heating costs, affect the comfort of your home, and even lead to further complications with your furnace. In order to prevent such issues from arising, and to keep your furnace running at optimal performance, an annual furnace inspection is highly recommended.
Why Get an Annual Furnace Inspection
Simply put, an annual furnace inspection will help you avoid the aforementioned issues from arising. Yet, having your furnace inspected and maintained each year doesn’t only help prevent problems, it can also keep the comfort of your Michigan home optimal. Take a look below to learn how else an annual furnace inspection can benefit you and your Michigan home:
- Prevents Malfunction: As mentioned, one of the main benefits of an annual furnace inspection is preventing issues during the winter. You won’t want to seek repair during winter when the temperatures are already freezing.
- Improves Efficiency: A malfunctioning furnace may still be able to keep your home warm, but it’ll require more work from the furnace, which will ultimately increase energy bills. Not to mention, it can cause further issues.
- Promotes Cleaner Air: In an annual furnace inspection, the unit itself is not the only concern. Air filters will also need to be examined to ensure they’re clean. Otherwise, dirty air filters can spread things like mold spores throughout the home and affect the health of anyone inside. Aside from the filters, an inspection also ensures the furnace isn’t emitting toxic carbon monoxide.
- Enhances Home Comfort: Of course, a fully functioning furnace will keep the temperature in your home comfortable, which is necessary throughout Michigan’s freezing winters.
- Prevents Future Issues: Any issue that arises with your furnace can lead to additional issues if not addressed fast enough. While you should be aware of the signs of a problematic furnace, an annual inspection will discover any issues.
When to Get an Inspection
Though we’re already progressing through winter this year, it’s best to have your furnace inspected before winter hits, such as the end of summer or during the fall. In doing so, you’ll have plenty of time to address any problems and ensure they’re taken care of before the cold weather comes. While an annual inspection is always necessary, you should also keep your air filters clean to avoid the health issues that can often arise with dirty filters.
Call for an Inspection Today
Even though we’ve hit the middle of winter, it’s a good idea to have your furnace inspected if you haven’t this year. As long as you’re using your furnace to keep warm, it’s a good idea to ensure it’s running at peak efficiency. This way, you can keep heating costs low and the temperature within your home optimal.
If you’d like to schedule an inspection, or require any of our other HVAC services, you can contact us here. You can also give us a call at 517-337-7700.